Eastbourne Town Centre Improvement Scheme
Welcome to our third Newsletter to tell you about our works.
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Outline of Works
- The project will see the installation of new bus lanes and bus shelters, a high quality granite road surface and new paving, seating and landscaping in Terminus Road, Cornfield Road and Gildredge Road.
- On Monday 22nd October, Cornfields Road will temporarily become one way south bound from Bankers Corner through to Memorial Roundabout. This will be in place till spring 2019
- Tree removal to commence in Cornfields Road, week commencing 29th October, out of hours working will be required between 6pm and 10pm . This work will take 4 weeks.
Terminus Road East
- Commenced granite paving to north footpath
- Continuing footpath preparation
- New carriageway construction, up to binder level
- Granite paving to new Arndale entrance
- Installation of paving outside H&M and Next
- Opened footpath outside H&M and Next to facilitate store opening
Terminus Road West / Gildredge Road Junction
- Drainage and kerbing works continued
Gildredge Road West side – Hyde Road to Lushington Lane
- Replacing kerbs in Gildredge Road
- Continue with footpath reconstruction
- Paving installation
Cornfields Road Southern (Memorial Roundabout)
- Installation of kerbs and footpath
- Installation of ducting
- Installation of Bus shelter foundations
- Removal of existing kerbs and footways continues
- Installation of paving slabs
Site contact details:
Phone: 03300 130212