Eastbourne Town Centre Improvement Scheme
Welcome to our second Newsletter to tell you about our works.
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Outline of Works
- The project will see the installation of new bus lanes and bus shelters, a high quality granite road surface and new paving, seating and landscaping in Terminus Road, Cornfield Road and Gildredge Road.
- Full depth excavation of Terminus Road
- Placing of sub-base materials
- Kerbing and drainage
- Remove existing bus shelters along Terminus Road (South)
- Changes to pedestrian crossing points to accommodate large crowds during Tennis Week.
Progress to Date
- Our progress has been hindered due to the discovery of uncharted services along Terminus Road and large concrete slabs covering the junction and parts of Terminus Road
- We have completed kerbing to left hand side of Gildredge Road from Hyde Road and Lushington Lane
- We have broken out and removed the existing splitter islands along Gildredge Road.
- Excavation of Terminus Road (phase1) to formation level in preparation for new sub base material
- Liaison and coordination with the Arndale shopping extension scheme to complete the entrance area and footway
- Works in Gildredge Road will be suspended during Tennis week to allow unhindered access
Site contact details:
Phone: 03300 130212