Eastbourne Town Centre Improvement Scheme
Welcome to our first newsletter, it is our intention to produce regular newsletters to keep you informed of our progress. We have been on site since early March, initially setting up our site compound and conducting surveys.
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Please note; any dates given are subject to change as per the construction programme
Outline of Works
- The project will see the installation of new bus lanes and bus shelters, a high quality granite road surface and new paving, seating and landscaping in Terminus Road, Cornfield Road and Gildredge Road.
Works Next Two Weeks
- Continue planing existing surface of Terminus Road
- Commence carriageway excavation and drainage works.
Progress to Date
- Establish site compound.
- Relocated Westbound Bus stops from Terminus Road to Gildredge Road.
- Commence planing out existing road on Terminus Road.
- Remove existing traffic islands.
Monday 9th April we moved Westbound buses from Terminus Road to Gildredge Road. Temporary bus shelters have been installed. Terminus Road will now be one way (Eastbound only). please do not hesitate to speak to a member of Mildren Site Team if you require help with Bus stop relocation information.
- The £6.2 million scheme, which coincides with the ongoing redevelopment of the Arndale Centre, is a joint project by East Sussex County Council and Eastbourne Borough Council.
- The major portion of the work is expected to be completed by late autumn, pausing for the festive period before resuming in January, with an expected completion date of Summer 2019.
- Where possible during the project we plan to use local suppliers and labour.
- We will work closely with our client on a set of agreed Social value targets to ensure engagement with the local community.
The site is registered with Considerate Constructors Scheme.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. I will be based in our Information shop next to Specsavers by the entrance to the Arndale Centre. I shall have details of the phasing of our works available along with programme details.