The project involves 278 works to upgrade and improve existing highway infrastructure associated with the development site at White House Farm, Chichester.
The works are to include:
- Clay Lane Access – Construction of a priority junction to the proposed development site and Clay Lane.
- Clay Lane/Fishbourne Road East – Junction alterations at the existing junction of Clay Lane with Fishbourne Road East, including widening of the existing junction bell mouth, and associated footway improvements.
- Sherborne Road Traffic Management – Traffic management works on Sherborne Road, including renewing carriageway markings, introduction of gateway features and carriageway roundels, two new Zebra crossings, two new min-roundabouts and new uncontrolled crossing points.
- Westgate / Sherborne Road Mini-Roundabout – Pedestrian and cycle improvements at the existing mini-roundabout junction of Sherborne Road and Westgate, including introduction of new uncontrolled pedestrian crossings across the western and southern arms, and new parallel crossings across the northern and eastern arms.
- Westgate / Orchard Street Roundabout – Construction of a Dutch-style roundabout to replace the existing roundabout at the Westgate/Orchard Street (A286)/Avenue De Chartres (A286)/West Street junction, including improved non-motorised user provision throughout, narrowing of the circulatory carriageway to incorporate the perimeter 2m cycleway, removal/relocation of existing controlled crossings on the Orchard Street and Avenue de Chartres arms and realignment of the existing layby adjacent to the Chichester Inn.