Welcome to our first Newsletter to tell you about our works.
Outline of Works
Borough of Poole has appointed Mildren Construction to carry out significant improvement works at Hunger Hill roundabout, near Holes Bay, as part of the major investment in Poole’s infrastructure by Dorset Local Enterprise Partnership.
Scope of works include
- Carriageway realignment of a live junction
- Construction of wide shared use footways and crossings
- Ducting, Signalling and street lighting works
- New highway drainage
- Carriageway surfacing, line marking and signage.
Progress to date
- We have set up our site compound, satellite parking area and storage compound
- The tree and shrub clearance has been completed across the site
- Poole Canoe has been dismantled and removed
- The Central reservation Holes Bay Road – Hunger Hill approach Approx. 25% volume has been excavated to formation with approx. 80% hard surface and road edge broken out and part cleared. We continue with excavation to the central reservation whilst preserving live signals and illuminated sign cabling. We are also breaking out buried concrete.
- Junction West Street & West Quay Road (National Tyres)
- Commenced excavation to formation, breaking out hard surface and below ground. Located buried services
- Splitter triangle on West Quay Road to Hunger Hill approach has been saw cut in preparation for excavation
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us.